Our knees support us in more ways than one, and when they start to give out, it doesn’t feel good. In fact, it can bring an entire world of pain and can be extremely debilitating.
Knee pain can simply mean the pain starts in the knee. Once your knees become inflamed and start to ache it radiates all throughout your entire back. It can even hurt all the way up to your neck. The shooting pains that knee problems bring about are absolutely horrid. You might think a little knee pain isn’t enough to get in the way of your happiness, but that all changes as soon as you try to walk downhill or pick up a heavy box. If you experience knee pain, you’re probably looking for some ways to strengthen your knees.
If you’re looking to strengthen your knees there is a number of ways you can do so. First, you should stop eating processed foods. Processed foods and soda is terrible for your body, and it also deteriorates your bones. Once you lay off of the junk food, try eating some wholesome greens with a side of milk. Greens and milk are packed full of calcium and magnesium which promote bone growth like nothing else!
- Exercise – There are certain exercises that can help strengthen your knees. Doing these exercises repetitively will improve your knee health dramatically, and you will slowly experience a reduction in pain. Do these exercises for 15 minutes a day and you are sure to feel the results.
- Eat Vegetables – Green vegetables are packed full of calcium and magnesium. These elements are essential for bone growth and repair.
- Epsom Salt – Epsom salt is a great natural ingredient that works for tons of different things. Soaking yourself in an Epsom salt bath can help with almost everything, including knee pain. Epsom salt is extremely high in magnesium, a key nutrient that arthritis sufferers lack, and it can make the pain go away. It effectively lowers inflammation around the knee joints.
- Swim – Swimming is an excellent exercise for your knees. Low impact aerobic swimming exercises are great for rebuilding your knee joints. Swimming for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week can almost double the health of your knees.
- Vitamin D – Taking vitamin D supplements can improve your knee health dramatically. It can defend against osteoporosis in the knees, rebuild joints, and reduce inflammation. It is one of the best vitamins to take to increase your overall health.
- Stop Eating Junk Food – In addition to putting you at risk for heart disease and diabetes, sugar can trigger the release of anti-inflammatory messengers called cytokines. Researchers have found a link between soda consumption and arthritis risk.
- Maintain A Healthy Weight – When you are overweight, your knees ultimately pay the price. This increases your risk for osteoporosis and it also can raise the risk of your knees going out completely.
- Anti-inflammatory Foods – Anti-inflammatory foods reduce the overall inflammation in all of your joints, especially your knees. They can be the perfect way to get rid of knee pain for good, and naturally.
- Fish Oil – There have been several studies performed on the effects of fish oil and joint pain. A 2005 study of people with RA showed enhanced positive effects when fish oil supplements were used in combination with olive oil.
- Stretch In the Morning – When you wake up in the morning do some stretches for your legs. When you get up and stretch it can limber up all the joints around your knees and reduce the overall damage you do to them throughout the day!